August 21 - 25, 2023
This 5-day storytelling intensive is for Professional Storytellers.
Deepen your relationship with story and give yourself new tools in a refreshing replenishing environment.
Clare’s methodology is rooted in experiential learning, delivered in a positive environment. Working with folktales, myths and some personal/work stories where relevant.
Techniques covered include:
- Take a story from page to stage
- Learn a story fast
- Story structure and subversion
- Presence and improvisation mindset
- Nerves & relationship to audience
- Body, breath, voice, word; what are you doing when you tell and why?
- Bringing a story to life; how to fully inhabit your stories
This course is for you if:
- you are a Professional Storyteller ready to deepen your practice
- you are looking to join other professionals in a nourishing environment and grow your skills
- you are curious about ways to enhance your connection to story and the audience
You will emerge from the week with more performance skills, greater awareness and control of body and voice, increased confidence, tools for ongoing development, and an understanding of how to develop your repertoire.
For BOOKING email email@example.com
Investment: €625 (EURO)
Early Bird Investment: €550 (EURO)
Early bird offer ends May 2, 2023
Booking available ONLY through firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Scéal Course Inquiry in the email title. Places are held once a full payment is made and are on a first come first served basis. Early Bird pricing honored through May 2nd, 2023.
About your Teacher:
An accomplished storyteller for 18 years, Clare has been teaching since 2007. She is an embodied performer who integrates body, voice, story and relationship to the audience. She has taught at the Royal Shakespeare Company, The National Theatre London and at Central Saint Martins University of the Arts London.